Lacrosse (Fall 2021)
League Format: friendly pick-up/scrimmage format.
TIME: Thursdays @ 8:15pm
running approximately 8 weeks from September 2nd to October 21st!!! (weather and pandemic depending)
COST: Just $25 per person!
Rules: Masters Lacrosse rules will apply for gameplay: http://lacrossens.ca/page.php?page_id=115977… And games will be self-officiated this year
- When you arrive, there will be a MANDATORY COVID-19 check-in/ screening by a volunteer. This will include asking about potential symptoms (please do not come if you have even one COVID-19 symptom, which is a requirement consistent with those from Lacrosse NS). Please be truthful during the screening, or else we may need to kick you out. Should you request it, Halifax PLAYS will also be happy to issue partial refunds for games missed for reasons related to COVID (e.g. self-isolation), player safety comes first.
- You will also be asked to sanitize your hands, do a temperature check upon coming to the game, and to show up with masks, which must be worn during the screening period to protect our volunteer(s) but can be taken off once you enter the rink after being cleared.
- Coming on time & NOT early is also important… We have a disability lacrosse club practicing right before us, and our rental contract is explicit in making clear that NO ONE from the PLAYS group can enter the rink until AFTER the previous group has COMPLETELY left and the facility’s high-touch surfaces have been sanitized by their volunteers(s).
- Connected to the above, we also ask that all outfield players come to lacrosse dressed in full gear, with a reminder that we require helmets & gloves to be worn at all times (similar to past seasons). Goalies may put on gear when they arrive but are asked to socially distance while doing so, and players should similarly socially distance when not playing as much as possible.
- Spectators are discouraged from coming, but if they do, should wear masks and would required to be always at least 6 feet or more from the field of play. They will need to go through the same COVID-19 checklists, with us needing to take contact info for contact tracing.
- There should also be no sharing of water bottles or personal equipment, and players should similarly not touch sticks, balls or other shared equipment without hockey/ lacrosse gloves, which are required to be worn at all times.
- Similarly, please refrain from handshakes, high fives or other forms of unnecessary physical contact (air high fives okay 🙂
- A reminder too that standard protocols under Halifax PLAYS’ Disciplinary Policy apply (summary here)… Key here is that no alcohol is allowed at any time, there should be no fighting/ threatening gestures made to players/ volunteers & all folks must be treated with respect.
Note that league details may change due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation.
All genders, skill levels, and ages (19+) are welcome. Limited spots available.
The main goal of Halifax PLAYS is to provide a friendly, fun-first, safe environment to play recreational sport, while also providing an affordable & accessible registration fee. We are also a 100%-volunteer-run non-profit, hence rely on many volunteers to make each season a success and are always thankful for their contributions, so please get in touch if you can volunteer!