Recreational Soccer - Fall 2021
We look forward to be seeing our wonderful rec soccer crew & new faces as well for the Fall Season! All interested are reminded to read our return-to-play rules. Please be advised that player registrations will be VERY limited, to just 48 spots. As such, folks should register ASAP, with spots assigned on a “first come, first serve” basis.
NOTE: We have had a heavy lean towards male-identifying players & are hence reserving most remaining spots for female/non-binary players. As such, there is a good chance you may be placed on a waitlist, with us arranging payment from you later. If you find yourself in this situation, please message email@example.com & we’ll walk through the next steps/ advise if there’s space.
- DATES & TIMES: Rec Soccer will run on Mondays and Wednesdays, from Oct 4 to Oct 27. They will run 7:00-8:30 PM
- LOCATION: The Merv Sullivan Park (https://goo.gl/maps/WbLStGpLE7G4BvHW6)
- REGISTRATION FEE: Players will be charged $30 per Person to cover field rental, insurance and equipment costs. This will be paid upon registration through [Teamlinkt].
- WHO SHOULD JOIN: Players of all ages (19+) & genders are welcome, although we are limited to 48 spots MAX! Please note – that the rec league is oriented towards beginners, as many players are new to sport & just want to have fun. More skilled players can join, provided they adhere to our league’s more relaxed, less physical & non-competitive nature.
- PUTTING TEAMS IN: If you want to join as a team, this may be possible, provided: (a) You have no more than eight players, all of whom indicated their preferred teammates when registering; (b) There is at least 2-3 female players in the group; (c) Your team is not competitive or overly skilled, recognizing this is a recreational, beginner-oriented, fun-first league.
- FORMAT: We’ll be capping the rec league at 48 co-ed players and making six teams of eight people. Games will be 7 vs. 7 plus 1 sub each by default (unless teams chose to do otherwise), with eight players on each roster. The six teams rotate games against each other. We’ll also play with smaller nets and no goalies, with a focus on passing plays & getting everyone involved. There might be one big game with 11v11 once in a while for a change if everyone agrees. Each group will have a captain, who will be responsible to make sure rules are followed. Read more here.
Ready to Join?
If you have further questions on joining, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. In particular, if you will have difficulty paying your soccer fees or are a volunteer, please get in touch for a coupon code to discount/ waiver of your fees. And if not ready to register yet, but still wanting to receive notifications for future sports, please join our mailing list. Hope to see you soon!