Volunteers are the heart of the Halifax PLAYS organization. Indeed, our organization’s whole concept is based on the idea that volunteers will step up to the plate to organize leagues, and to put it simply, having no volunteers to help us out means having no Halifax PLAYS.
Becoming A Volunteer
Despite the tremendous help we have already gotten, Halifax PLAYS needs more volunteers to keep its leagues going, and as such, we are always looking for more help! While there are many positions of need, some of which are listed below, our most urgent requirement is to get more volunteers willing to organize leagues. If you have plans for your dream sports league we can help you make it a reality!
We help by providing the knowledge, tools, and connections that will help your league succeed. This includes tangible elements such as organizational templates, financial assistance, and equipment. We also provide a wealth of knowledge and experience through our volunteer network. As well as advertising to our greater community of 4,500+ players and members!
Want more info?
Ready to get involved?
To get an idea of the many volunteer positions available & how you could help, please see below:
- League Organizers
- Organizing Committee Member
- Youth Soccer Coaches: Being a role model for and supervising children in our youth soccer league, while also being able to run some drills & practice sessions to improve their skills
- Legal Adviser: Providing legal advice and/ or representation if needed
- Website Assistance: Helping to edit & update our website
- Team Captains: Setting & cleaning up equipment, ensuring your players come to games, reporting scores, representing your team during captains’ meetings, and much more.
- Equipment Transporter: Transporting equipment to & from league facilities
- Copy-Maker: Printing/ copying documents, such as waivers, for distribution to all players
- Team-Maker: Creating & balancing teams using guidelines
- Rule-Maker: Creating rules for some of our leagues
- Drivers: Driving people who need rides to games
- Medical/ First Aid Volunteer: Assisting injured players inc ase it is necessary
- Phone Receptionist: Having your number visible on our site & answering general inquiries
- Promotions/ Advertising: Finding ways to effectively & cheaply spread the word about us; this could also include making or helping post flyers or other promotional materials for leagues